The Times of India
As PM Modi prepares to make his second big pitch to attract investment from US companies, he will take heart from the fact that US investment in India has jumped in the past year.
September 18, 2015
As PM Modi prepares to make his second big pitch to attract investment from US companies, he will take heart from the fact that US investment in India has jumped in the past year. Modi will point to several success stories like that of Cisco and Google. Here is a list of US companies that have investment intentions in India:
1. Google: It plans to invest Rs 1,500 crore in a new campus in Hyderabad, reckoned to be its biggest outside the US.
2. Cisco: Will invest $2 billion in 2015. The company will invest additional $60 million in India on training and facility expansion.
3. Microsoft Corporation: Plans to establish three data centers in India with an investment of Rs 1,400 crore.
4. Uber Technologies: Plans to invest $1 billion in India as it expands service beyond 18 cities in India in which it operates. Uber is investing $50 million in Hyderabad over the next five years to establish a facility that will be its biggest international office.
5.General Motors: It plans to invest Rs 6,400 crore in India. GM also plans for a multiple-fold jump in exports from India. It could add 12,000 new jobs to GM India and its suppliers.
6. Hilliard Energy: Plans to invest $600 million to set up 500MW solar and 150MW wind energy projects in Andhra Pradesh.
7. Johnson’s and Johnson’s: Its biggest manufacturing facility in India is set to come up in Telangana with an investment of Rs 4,000 crore. Coming up on 48 acres, the plant will be operational from 2016 and will employ 1,500 people.
8. Mars: Plans to invest about $160 million in a manufacturing plant in Pune. Some of the key chocolate brands such as Snickers and Galaxy will soon be produced in India.